DubKation Idea – Norfolk –
Want to go on a UK Tour using a campervan hire, but not sure where you’d go? Well take a look at this DubKation idea.
Where am I going?
Norfolk on a 5 night exploration of the beautiful coastline & Norfolk broads.
How long do I need?
How much would that cost me?
Campervan Hire starts at £60 per night. Check out our FAQS for minimum hire periods, who can hire the VW Caddy Maxi Campervan and many other questions answered.
Where can I stay?
Use www.campsites.co.uk to choose your campsites. There are so many to choose from but we recommend booking ahead of your trip to make sure you get a pitch.
What route can I take?
Day 1 – 1 hour drive, 48 miles, Pick up the VW Caddy in Peterborough, UK. Drive to Castle Acre and spend 1 night here exploring.
Day 2 – 1 hour drive, 50 miles, Drive to the Norfolk Broads, UK and spend 3 nights here exploring.
Day 5 – 40 min drive, 20 miles, Drive to Norwich, UK and spend 1 night here exploring.
Day 6 – 2 hour drive, 80 miles, Drive the Campervan back to Peterborough on Day 6.
What sort of things can I do whilst exploring Norfolk?
* We love Norfolk & there are so many things to see & do there, you’d be silly not to visit! Norfolk has a beautiful coastline and the famous Norfolk Broads. A national park and a great place for wildlife and birds, it can be easily explored by walking or cycling.
* Castle Acre is a rural village in northwest Norfolk with beautiful scenic walks. Castle Acre sausages made from a secret recipe may also be sampled here! Pop to Sandringham too & visit the queen! The house & gardens are STUNNING! There are often events on there too, check the Sandringham Estate website for details and dates.
* Covering 303 kilometres, Norfolk Broads comprises of many lakes, rivers and ponds where there are plenty of outdoor activities to enjoy, including ; boating; sailing; canoeing; kayaking; fishing and rock pooling.
* Thetford Forest covers 50,000 acres and contains 26 walking trails, so if you’re up for a woodland walk, we’d definitely recommend here. There is a Go Ape! centre and many other attractions here too.
* There are weekly displays of fireworks in the Summer at Central Beach in Great Yarmouth, which isn’t far from the Norfolk broads. In addition, there are also displays at Hembsy Beach from 21st July until 1st September every Tuesday. Don’t miss out on the Halloween spectacular also on the 28th October!
* Norwich is full of history & great to wander round. It has many bars, coffee shops and restaurants and gorgeous little lanes full of interesting shops and independent boutiques.
Tell me you’re not excited for a DubKation now? Check out availability for your UK campervan hire here
Join us on next week’s blog next where we will be going to Rutland for 3 nights – the countries smallest county!